Summer snacking doesn’t get much simpler than this Fresh Feta Spread.
Summer is all about easy.
Lazy summer nights and leisurely dinners. Languishing by the pool for just a little longer. Loosy-goosey house rules and deadlines.….you get the idea.
It may take me a while to lose my routines after school lets out, but once I do, I’m all about embracing laid back summer living. And this Fresh Feta Spread is Exhibit A in my quest to keep life simpler this summer, especially when it comes to eats.
I can’t think of many dishes less complicated than this. Dump all of the ingredients in the food processor, pulse it until it’s as smooth as you want it, and then refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld. Serve it with olives, pita wedges and veggies for some warm weather snacking or slather it on a sandwich for a fresh spin on your usual mid-day meal.
Enjoying this Fresh Feta Spread is nearly effortless, just like summer living should be.
Fresh Feta Spread
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped pepperoncini salad peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process to desired level of smoothness. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Makes about 1 cup of spread.