Add some fanciness to your next appetizer spread with these warm-from-the-oven Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta!
They scream party to me. So it’s only fitting that the latest addition to our appetizer buffet includes dried mission figs.
(And goat cheese because you already know how we feel about goat cheese.)
These elegant Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta with toasted walnuts can be served warm or at room temperature and are sure to impress your friends and family.
But the reality is this Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta recipe can be mostly made in advance. #winning
Citrus plays a heavy hand in these tasty nibbles. Fresh orange sections, orange rind and orange juice all combine to add brightness and help balance out the sweetness of the figs. Plus a bit of fresh rosemary lends a savory undertone to the fig compote.
Layer it all with creamy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts, and you have one memorable mouthful – perfect for entertaining.
The fig jam can be made up to three days ahead of time. Simply refrigerate until ready to assemble the bruschetta.
You can also make the fig bruschetta an hour in advance and serve these snacks at room temperature rather than warm from the oven if you are short on time.
To be honest, I don’t have a lot of access to fresh figs here in Minnesota. They are rather hit or miss at the grocery store, and even then they can be rather expensive.
That said, I think if you have ready access to fresh figs, by all means swap them in for the dried version. I suspect you’ll need to cook the fig compote down for a longer time but the flavor should still be the same. If you give it a try, please stop back and let us know!
P.S. Are you a fig fanatic? Don’t miss our Cheesy Fig Shortbread Crackers recipe!
Craving more goat cheese appetizer recipes? You’ve come to the right place…
Grilled Peppers with Goat Cheese – Garnish with Lemon®
Stuffed Apricots with Goat Cheese, Basil and Marcona Almonds – Garnish with Lemon®
Creamy Goat Cheese Pesto Dip – Garnish with Lemon®
Baked Goat Cheese Dip Recipe – Foolproof Living
Peach and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe – She Wears Many Hats
- 9 ounces dried Black Mission Figs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped orange segments
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 slices French baguette
- 10 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Place figs, sugar, orange segments, rind, juice, rosemary and black pepper in a small saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes or until fig mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place baguette slices on a sheet pan. Evenly divide fig mixture and goat cheese on slices. Top with chopped walnuts. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until nuts look toasted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can easily make the fig mixture in advance. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the Bruschetta.
Serving Size:2 bruschetta
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 1247mg Carbohydrates: 108g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 17g Protein: 25g