Ribs don’t have to be fussy! These 5-ingredient Crock Pot Ribs are great for a casual dinner with friends or perfect party food for the big game.
My friend D. gave me this recipe. Our friendship extends waaaay back to college, and she’s so good about sharing her best recipe finds with me. I have to admit I was a little skeptical of this recipe for Crock Pot Ribs at first. Ribs in the slow cooker? We’ve done them in the oven and on the grill, but I was puzzled as to how they would work in the crock pot. D. claimed they were fall-off-the-bone tender. I should have known never to doubt my bestie. She wouldn’t (and didn’t) lead me astray.
Having guests over to watch the big game? These ribs could easily be a scene-stealer at your next sports party. Who doesn’t like a recipe that keeps you out of the kitchen and in with the action? I didn’t wait for a party; just popped them in the crock pot on a Wednesday. Round out your meal with a pint of cole slaw from the grocery store deli or take a few extra moments to whip up this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad.
I used Famous Dave’s Rib Rub, but feel free to use any rib seasoning you prefer. Same goes for your preferred brand of BBQ sauce. With so few ingredients, it’s important to seek out the flavors you most enjoy.
Especially since you’ll be licking your fingers clean.
Recommended Equipment & Ingredients
- 1 rack pork baby back ribs
- 4 tablespoons rib or pork seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (molasses-based)
- Dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Additional BBQ sauce for serving
- Cut rack of ribs in half. Rub each half with 2 tablespoons of rib seasoning.
- Place ribs in crock pot. Add red wine vinegar and liquid smoke (if desired). Pour 3/4 of bottle of BBQ sauce over ribs.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Flip the ribs about half way through cooking time (place bottom rib on top and top rib on bottom.) Add remaining BBQ sauce.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
Be careful removing the ribs from the crockpot as the meat will literally fall off the bones.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26 Total Fat: 2g Protein: 1g