Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are the perfect last-minute appetizer. Make them and watch them disappear.
You know the appetizer that keeps you circling the table to see if there is one more to pop in your mouth? These Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are that appetizer.
The holidays are here, and I love having an excuse to have appetizers as my main meal. These bite-sized morsels are a fabulous addition to a party spread. I mean how can you go wrong with ooey, gooey cheese, ranch and Italian seasonings, and a crispy little phyllo cup?
Truth is, you can’t.
Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are super easy to tailor to your tastes (or to use what you have in your fridge). I made mine with crunchy red pepper and sliced olives. But the sky is the limit! Have some extra sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions? Go ahead and toss them in. The result will be equally delicious.
And what about your friends that don’t even like olives? (I know…who are these people?) They gobble them right up and ask about ingredients later.
Another bonus? They smell fabulous when they come out of the oven.
Addictive and delicious, these easy, make-ahead appetizers tastes great warm or at room temperature. Pretty much the definition of perfect party food, at least in my book.
- 30 mini phyllo cups
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3/4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the light mayo and the buttermilk until smooth. Stir in seasoning. Add olives, red pepper and cheese and stir gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop mixture by spoonful into mini phyllo cups. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 318 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 499mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g