This hot Cheesy Sausage Dip is made with just 5 ingredients. Appetizers don’t get much easier than that!
I know it’s the new year and everyone is making new resolutions about healthy eating and exercising and I’m sitting here with a bowl of Fritos and a big batch of this Cheesy Sausage Dip.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the fresh beginnings that the new year brings, but I’m already planning for the Super Bowl.
I love football and all the food that goes with it, which means I’m always on the hunt for new appetizers. I made this Cheesy Sausage Dip last weekend, and I’m not sure why it hadn’t hit my radar screen earlier. And just to make sure you don’t make the same mistake, I’m here to tell you that you should make this Cheesy Sausage Dip TODAY.
This dip is hearty, spicy and soooo easy. Full of diced tomatoes, green chiles, sausage, cheese, and cilantro, it’s a definite crowd pleaser. And if you like a little more heat, just use some spicy Italian sausage instead of mild.
It’s easy to make ahead of time or pull together at the last minute. But don’t worry, this Cheesy Sausage Dip isn’t just football food. It will work at any gathering any time of year. To be honest, you are probably going to invite people over just so you can eat it. Or just make it for yourself like I do. No judgment here.
This cheesy goodness needs to be shared with everyone along with some big corn chips to scoop up the goodness. Your friends will be happily full. And want the recipe. Or just show up at your house hoping you have more Cheesy Sausage Dip.
Cheesy Sausage Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (hot or mild depending on your preference)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Corn Chips
- Chopped tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and tomatoes until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheddar jack cheese and the cilantro into the cream cheese mixture.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat off of necessary. Stir sausage into cheese mixture. Transfer to a 1 quart baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar jack cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Serve immediately with corn chips.
|Serving Size||2 ounces|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 360kcal Calories from fat 293|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
We’ve got you covered for your next gathering with even more appetizers and dips.