We took a classic recipe and made it into cupcakes! Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are a crowd favorite and make a great addition to any dessert bar.
There are 2 kinds of cupcakes eaters in the world: those who simply peel back the liner and bite, and those who put the bottom part of the cupcake on top of the frosting to make a sandwich before they dive in. Which camp do you fall in? However you choose to devour these Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting is great as long as you save one for me.
There’s something about cupcakes that brings out the kid in all of us. From peeling back the liner to scooping up the frosting, these Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are a dessert that all ages adore. And it’s no surprise since they are filled with all of the same dense carrot and spice flavor a regular carrot cake offers with the ease (and portion control!) already built in. Not to mention it is non-chocolate dessert that Greta is genuinely excited to see. Granted, the huge swirls of frosting on the top doesn’t hurt but still a victory in my book nonetheless. I’ll take it however I can.
Cupcakes are pretty much the perfect dessert for parties. You don’t need to worry about silverware, they look gorgeous on a platter and are naturally single servings. Celebrating a birthday? Pop a candle in one. Want to have a dessert bar? Serve Carrot Cake Cupcakes along with some Salty Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Bars and some Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bars and you have all of your bases covered.
And with all of those tasty options, no one is going to know if you eat more than one.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Carrot Cake Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together sugars, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices and gently mix. Stir in grated carrots.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners, bake for 15 minutes and check for doneness. If needed, bake for 3-5 more minutes. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat well. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fill piping bag and frost cupcakes with desired amount of frosting.