You’ve swooned over the restaurant version, but now you can make one of these flavorful pizzas in your own kitchen with this irresistible, homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe!
What toppings do you put on a BBQ Chicken Pizza?
2. The second cheese is a popular Dutch cheese, Gouda, that has been lightly smoked. The result is a creamy, buttery cheese with an upscale, distinctive flavor. (You can find it at almost every grocery store but it usually comes in chunks so you’ll have to shred your own.)
BBQ Chicken Pizza isn’t complete without a healthy sprinkle of chopped red onion on top of the cheese and chicken. But don’t forget to add a heaping handful of freshly chopped cilantro when your ‘za is done baking.
Any other tips for making homemade pizza?
Satisfy your pizza cravings with any one of these tasty homemade pizza recipes!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided (more if you like saucy pizza)
- 1 1/4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, for pizza peel
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. If using pizza stone, place in oven and allow to preheat for at least 20 minutes. If grilling pizza, place pizza stone on grill racks and preheat for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza peel. Set aside.
- Sprinkle work surface lightly with flour and roll dough to desired size. Gently move dough to prepared pizza peel.
- Top dough with 1/2 of BBQ sauce. In a small bowl, toss chicken with remaining BBQ sauce and place on pizza dough. Divide cheeses evenly over chicken. Sprinkle red onion on top of cheeses.
- Gently slide pizza onto preheated stone (it takes a few small shakes back and forth). Bake for 10-15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, cut into 8 wedges and serve warm.
Don't have a pizza stone or pizza peel? Use an upside down baking sheet instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 752 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 1733mg Carbohydrates: 96g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 29g Protein: 33g