It’s no secret that bacon is always a hit with people and this Bacon Pimento Cheese Ball is no exception.
It’s been awhile since we have shared a new appetizer with bacon in it, and I’m not sure why it has taken so long. Better late than never, right? We know that you guys LOVE bacon, especially these Bacon Cream Cheese Bites. But it’s time to spread the bacon love around and add something new to the mix like this Bacon Pimento Cheese Ball.
Cheese balls are a genius snack to serve at a party. This cheese ball takes all the flavors of pimento cheese and adds some smoky paprika, a little hot sauce and lots of freshly grated cheddar cheese. Roll it in freshly cut chives and crisp bacon and you’ve got a killer party snack that people won’t be able to resist. And neither will you once you try it. Use a pretzel to scoop it up, and you have the perfect salty, cheesy, smoky combination all in one bite.
Plus you don’t need to worry about keeping this baby warm. An appetizer that is low maintenance AND includes bacon? Match made in heaven.
Here are some tips for making the perfect cheese ball:
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened. This will give the cheese ball a much creamier texture.
- Use freshly grated cheddar cheese and save the bagged stuff for another use. Pre-grated cheese can make your cheese ball gritty.
- Once you have chilled the cheese mixture and formed into a ball, pop the cheese ball in the freezer for 15 minutes to help it keep its round shape.
- Roll in bacon and chives right before serving so the chives keep their bright green color.
And, if for some reason to have some leftovers, simply reshape into a smaller ball and pop it in the freezer until you need a last minute snack. But once you start eating, it’s going to be tough to stop.
This cheese ball hits the jackpot when you are hosting any kind of gathering. It’s easy, make-ahead, and guaranteed to please a crowd. And let’s not forget the bacon.
Bacon Pimento Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Set aside 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of pimento.
- In the bowl of a food processor place the cream cheese, remaining cheddar cheese and pimento. Pulse until combined. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder and paprika and pulse to combine. Stir in reserved cheese, pimentos and 2 tablespoons chives.
- Place cheese mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine chopped bacon and 2 tablespoons chopped chives on a plate. Roll chilled cheese ball to coat and serve with pretzels.
Cook time = chill time