Incorporate those fresh summer vegetables into a protein-packed snack with these colorful Avocado Ranch Pizza Bites!
It’s no secret that Grady is a bit of a picky eater, particularly when it comes to vegetables. Whenever we go to his annual well child checks, the doctor inquires about the typical topics: sleep habits, physical activity levels, growth patterns and, of course, nutrition. The question inevitably arises about what kinds of vegetables Grady likes to eat. The answer is always the same: carrots-and-dip. (Together. Not separate.) The doctor usually laughs at this “new” food group, but it is completely true. I can usually get Grady to eat (or at least try) most veggies as long as there is a bottle of ranch dressing nearby. So it couldn’t have been more fitting that Hidden Valley® – the people that invented ranch – asked us to create a recipe using their new Greek Yogurt Dips Mix.
These Avocado Ranch Veggie Pizza Bites are a colorful, tasty way to combine all of that good-for-you summer produce that will soon be overflowing at local markets – or maybe even your own backyard, if you’re lucky enough to have a green thumb! The new Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix is specially formulated to be used with Greek yogurt, so you get the same great ranch flavor you expect from Hidden Valley® combined with the protein power (and lower fat) of Greek yogurt.
Aside from some peeling and chopping, this recipe comes together quickly. Cut and bake crescent roll dough into bite-sized squares. Stir some nutrition-dense pureed avocado and protein-packed Greek yogurt into the Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix. Slather dip on the baked squares and top with whatever colorful assortment of veggies you have in your fridge.
Snacks are served!
- 1 (8-ounce) package seamless crescent roll dough
- 1 (0.74-ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and pureed
- Chopped tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumbers and olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap crescent roll dough and roll out slightly until dough is uniformly thick. Use a pizza cutter or dull knife to cut dough into 2 inch squares. (I ended up with about 24 squares.) Place dough squares on two large baking sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix with yogurt and avocado. Stir well. Evenly spread dip on each crescent roll square and top with assorted chopped vegetables. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 75 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 55mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley – Greek. The opinions and text are all mine.