This Asiago Dip recipe is an updated, lighter version of a traditional artichoke dip. It disappears every time we have it - a definite sign that you should make it for your next party.
Another gathering, another appetizer to bring for the group. Appetizers rule this time of year. Or any time of year in my book.
Sometimes it seems like you always see the same food, but this Asiago Dip recipe is a great twist on an artichoke dip and best of all, no one will guess it's a lightened up version!
This Asiago Dip is one of my go-to recipes especially when the time is tight as it comes together in minutes. Since it's made with both light sour cream and mayonnaise, it's not as rich as full-fat versions making it the perfect addition to a party menu.
Why this recipe works
For starters this reicpe uses sun-dried tomatoes and asiago cheese. When you add those flavors to the artichoke hearts and green onions, you've got a winning dip.
Slather it on a piece of warm, crusty bread, and you'll know why the bowl is always empty before the party ends.
I love dips that are just a little different than what people expect. This Asiago Dip is usually served warm, but it also tastes fabulous cold. A versatile winner.
Make ahead tips
If you are making it more than a day ahead of time, wait to add the sun-dried tomatoes until you are baking it, otherwise, your dip may get discolored.
Pull it out an hour before you want to bake it to let it come to room temp before you pop it in the oven.
Go ahead and try it at your next gathering. It's an updated, lower calorie twist on artichoke dip. Comfort food at its best.
More Appetizer recipes
- Lemon Artichoke Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
- Shrimp Dip- A Farmgirl's Dabbles
- Chile Relleno Dip- Belly Full
- Chipped Beef Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
Asiago Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1 bunch thin sliced green onions
- ⅔ cup grated Asiago cheese
- 14 ounce can small artichoke hearts drained and diced
- ½ cup diced sun dried tomatoes NOT oil-packed
- 1 8-ounce carton low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and put in a pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with bread.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.