Appetizers are something near and dear to my heart. I host parties where the only food served is appetizers. They are a staple in the menu when entertaining friends and occasionally (more often than I would like to admit) they ARE dinner for my husband and me after a late night at the office. (I’ll make the kids a meal earlier and we will graze and share a bottle of wine when he gets home.)
Since they hold a special place in my recipe book, I’m always searching for new additions. I love chips..love dips….love salsas. I am not one who could happily survive on a low carb diet. Nope, not for me.
Tomatillos are an ingredient that used to intimidate me. Do I roast them, char them, blanch them?? How do I pick a tomatillo and how many do I need to make a salsa? There are so many tomatillo salsa recipes out there. This new find of mine is an absolute gold mine. Flavorful with a little zip, serve it with chips (or veggies for those a little more nutrient minded) and best of all…..5 ingredients and a blender. Yep, a blender….that is it! LOVE it….my new, go-to,easy app for friends and family. Crack a beer, grab some chips (or veggies) and enjoy!
- 8 Medium Tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 2 jalapeños, sliced and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the tomatillos, jalapeños, garlic,cilantro and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until liquified.
- If it is too spicy, add a little lime juice to get to desired heat level.
- Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3 days.