Easy, flavor-packed Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Tacos are a family favorite in our house, and I know that any variation I make on them is usually a pretty easy sell. So when OXO asked us to participate in the #ShrimpShowdown with The Shrimp Council and Eastern Fish Company, I knew immediately that I wanted to share these Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream with you. Shrimp, tortillas, corn, cilantro and chipotle cream…all my favorites wrapped up in a flour tortilla. Yes, please!
I don’t know about you, but I always buy my shrimp peeled and deveined. I know, I pay a little bit more for the convenience, but it is totally worth it to me. Deveining shrimp is not easy, and it’s time consuming to boot. But I’m happy to report that my days of buying deveined shrimp are over thanks to the OXO Shrimp Cleaner. This little gadget is life-changing, my friends, absolutely life-changing. I love it so much that so much that I bought an extra so Anna and I could each have one. Every shrimp lover needs one. One little swoop down the shrimp, and the shell and vein are removed all at the same time. Easy, peasy and sooo worth it. Especially when you have gorgeous shrimp to work with, like the ones we received from the Eastern Fish Company.
My kids would eat tacos at least once a week if I would make them. I love them too, but sometimes I need a little change from the beef or chicken to mix it up. And these Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream do just that. They are full of great cajun flavor and finished with a smoky chipotle sauce. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro on top, and you’re in business.
Shrimp Tacos just scream spring to me, so light and flavorful. And easy. I love easy. They can be on the table in less than 30 minutes, which is perfect for our busy family, especially as sporting schedules are starting to ramp up again. Even Greta, who is pretty picky about how she eats her shrimp, gobbles these Shrimp Tacos up, and that is a ringing endorsement, in and of itself.
OXO and The Shrimp Council have put together an awesome basket of shrimp gadgets that you can win to make your shrimp deveining and preparation a walk in the park. You already know how much I adore the Shrimp Cleaner, but I’m also fond of the Tongs with Silicone Heads (they don’t scratch my nonstick cookware) and the Herb Snips that make quick work of chopping cilantro. Follow the directions to enter the giveaway below and get your own lot of shrimp-themed goodies, valued at over $180! (This giveaway has ended.)
Disclosure: We received shrimp and OXO products to use in creating this post. All opinions are our own.
Don’t forget to explore more lip-smacking #ShrimpShowdown recipes created by these amazingly talented bloggers:
A Kitchen Addiction
A Zesty Bite
Coconut and Lime
Created by Diane
Foxes Love Lemons
Growing up Gabel
Home Cooking Memories
Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Julie’s Eats and Treats
Lemons for Lulu
My Man’s Belly
Peanut Butter and Peppers
Peas and Crayons
Sarah’s Cucina Bella
So How’s It Taste?
Taste Love and Nourish
That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ light sour cream
- 3 chipotle peppers (packed in adobo sauce), minced plus 3 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- juice of half of a lime
- 8 flour tortillas
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Can be made ahead, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and add cajun seasoning. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds (or until garlic is fragrant). Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add corn to skillet and squeeze the lime juice over shrimp and corn. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with flour tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro, chipotle cream and avocado, if desired.