I love all of the cooking and entertaining I have done over the past month but am happy that New Year’s day is a low key event at our house. It means snacks and football. I love college football and am looking forward to spending the day relaxing and snacking. (Especially after all of the big meals I’ve had recently!)
Having friends over to watch football is a great way to spend the last day of vacation. Football parties are notorious for lots of appetizers, usually involving a chip. These pesto bites have just four ingredients and will give your spread a refreshing change. I made these for a party recently, and they disappeared pretty quickly. Always a good indicator I should make them again, right?
The cream cheese mixture can be made a few days ahead of time. Just soften it a little before filling the cups. For a little added crunch, bake the fillo cups for a few minutes in the oven before you fill them. The crispy shells are a great combination with the creamy cheese mixture and the bright tomato flavor. Perfect updated football food! And no one will miss the chips.
- 2 packages mini fillo cups
- 1- 8 ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 package grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Crisp fillo cups according to package directions and let cool.
- Mix cream cheese and pesto together until well blended. Pipe cream cheese mixture into fillo cups and top with tomato half.