In my house, these mini Mascarpone Tarts with Fresh Berries are simply known as “The Tart”. Hands down, they are the most requested dessert in my house. My kids have them on their birthdays, and it is my go-to dessert when entertaining. And really, what’s not to love about them? Mini Oreo crusts with a creamy mascarpone cheese filling and topped with fresh raspberries and blackberries. Can’t go wrong there. Sweet, but not too sweet, and topped with fresh fruit, so it has to be sort of healthy, right? Work with me here. I’m trying to take the guilt out of the dessert, especially this time of year with all of the chocolates around the house. They are easy, can be made ahead of time and they are oh, so pretty to serve. Best of all, they look like you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. But no worries, your secret is safe with me.
This would be a perfect dessert for a family valentine’s dinner. It is full of pink and purple and everyone gets their own tart, so no arguing over who gets the biggest piece. Keeping the peace is always a bonus. Don’t like raspberries and blackberries? Use whatever fruit is your fav. The sky is the limit on your creativity. What is the favorite dessert in your house?
- 1½ cups Oreo crumbs
- 3 T melted butter
- 8 oz. package of Mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ t. vanilla
- 1 box raspberries
- 1 box blackberries
- ½ cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For the Crust:
- Mix together 1½ cups Oreo crumbs with 3 T of melted butter. Divide mixture equally among six mini cheesecake pans and press into bottom of pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove. Cool completely before adding the cheese mixture.
- For the filling:
- Mix the Mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together until stiff peaks form and divid equally among the cooled Oreo crusts.
- Clean berries and dry them on a paper towel. When they are dry, place the berries in concentric circles on top of filling. Melt ½ c. of seedless raspberry jam in a small pan and brush over the top of the berries. Chill for at least 3 hours to set.
Check out these other great dessert recipes from some of our favorite blogs!
Caramel Apple Tartlets-Savory Simple
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Two Chip Cookies- A Cedar Spoon
Citrus Tart- Merry Gourmet
Banana Creamy Pie- Gluten Free– Family Fresh Cooking