Snap Peas tossed in a lemon-dijon vinaigrette create a tasty side dish for busy days.
It’s Good Friday, and I don’t know about you, but my to-do list is awfully long in preparation for the Easter weekend. I get to host – and absolutely love it – but getting the menu nailed down is sometimes tricky (meaning I finally decided yesterday what the menu would be!). But once I finally decided that we were having Easter dinner instead of brunch, these Lemony Snap Peas were a no-brainer addition to the menu.
We first had Lemony Snap Peas on my Mom’s birthday right before Christmas, and they have been in the back of my mind ever since. Simple, fresh and tasty; perfect for those busy holiday meal days. The snap peas are blanched and then tossed in a lemon-Dijon vinaigrette. Full of spring color and flavor yet super easy to make. That’s music to my ears! I love a versatile and no-fuss side dish that still looks pretty on the table. And Lemony Snap Peas fit that bill, which in my world makes them a perfect accompaniment for Easter dinner, or any other dinner for that matter.
Enjoy your time this weekend with family and friends. May it be full of laughter, good conversation, food, and, of course, cocktails! Happy Easter!
Love this recipe? Just click the button in the recipe card below, and it will be automatically saved in your ZipList Personal Recipe Box along with all of your other favorites. Plan your meals and create grocery lists all in one place!
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add snap peas and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp tender.
- Drain and place in ice cold water to stop the snap peas from cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, sugar and shallot. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over peas and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.