The grill isn’t just for dinner! Use it for appetizers, too, with this easy Grilled Peppers with Goat Cheese recipe!
I’m not sure what the weather is like where you live, but the most recent summer weather we’ve been having has been absolutely glorious. It is almost making me forget the long, horrible winter we had. Almost. That said, I am loving our evenings on the patio soaking in the heat and sun. I can’t justify being inside when it’s nice out, much less spending time over the stove. God bless the grill. I have been experimenting with different things on the grill this summer. Have you ever had grilled avocado? A-mazing, but that’s for another post.
Today we are talking peppers. And goat cheese. Grilled Peppers with Goat Cheese to be exact. If you are a regular reader, you have probably figured out my
love affair obsession with goat cheese, so the filling shouldn’t be a surprise. I mean, what’s not to love about the great tang of goat cheese? And it pairs perfectly with the grilled peppers. I love a grilled pepper that is still a little crisp when you take a bite. It’s a perfect balance to the gooey, melty goat cheese. Add some herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, and you have a super easy, colorful appetizer on your hands. And you didn’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Clean the peppers, make the filling and your appetizer is prepped before 9 am. That is a winner for me. I love, love, love anything that can be done ahead of time.
So slow down and enjoy the sunshine. Have the neighbors over, uncork a bottle of wine and serve some grilled peppers with goat cheese. Summer is going waaaay too fast. The kids will be back in school before we know it. And I’m nowhere near ready for that.
- 8 Mini Peppers, seeded and sliced in half
- Olive oil or grapeseed oil for brushing peppers
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush skins of peppers with olive oil or grapeseed oil and set on platter.
- Mix cheeses and herbs together until light and fluffy. Mix in lemon juice, season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon filling into peppers and grill over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and skin is slightly blistered. Serve immediately.