You know the appetizer that keeps you circling the table to see if there is one more to pop in your mouth? These Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are that appetizer.
The Super Bowl is coming up, and I love having people over to watch it. Not because of the game (or the commercials) per se, but because of the food. I love having an excuse to have appetizers as my main meal. Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are a fabulous addition to a party spread. I mean how can you go wrong with ooey, gooey cheese, ranch and Italian seasonings, and a crispy little phyllo cup? Truth is, you can’t. Plus they still taste great when they are room temperature. Pretty much the definition of perfect party food, at least in my book.
Crispy Italian Ranch Cups are super easy to tailor to your tastes (or to use what you have in your fridge). I made mine with crunchy red pepper and sliced Kalamata olives. My kids are freaks for olives, but these cups are a perfect way to get my daughter to eat red peppers, too. And what about my friends that don’t even like olives? (I know…who are these people?) They gobble these Crispy Italian Ranch Cups right up. I have also made them with Italian sausage, but my husband (the eternal carnivore) said they don’t really need it. Whoa! If that isn’t an endorsement for an appetizer, I don’t know what is. Another bonus? They smell fabulous when they come out of the oven. Addictive and delicious. This is appetizer heaven.
Love this recipe? Just click the button in the recipe, and it will be automatically saved in your ZipList Personal Recipe Box along with all of your other favorites. Plan your meals and create grocery lists all in one place!
- 30 mini phyllo cups
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp buttermilk ranch dressing seasoning
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ¾ cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the light mayo and the buttermilk until smooth. Stir in seasoning. Add olives, red pepper and cheese and stir gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop mixture by spoonful into mini phyllo cups. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.