This Avocado Feta Salsa is one of the most requested recipes from my kitchen! Filled with tomatoes, feta and fresh avocado, it’s guaranteed to disappear!
A good dip is like an old friend.
You know the kind I’m talking about…the one with the good “Remember when?” stories. The one who feels like you just saw yesterday, even though it has been 20 years. The one who brings a smile to your face just to hear her voice.
Well, this dip is good like that. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since you have made it, it is always a welcome sight on the table. It is forgiving, if you don’t have fresh herbs, dried or frozen make a great substitution. It makes you happy -grazing on the dip and chips brings a smile to your face.
Avocado feta salsa is that dip for me. I tasted it for the first time at a friend’s house, immediately asked for the recipe and since then it is a staple in my house. It is also one of the most requested recipes I have.
Some people call it guacamole, some call it salsa, others just call it dip. Whatever name you give it, it is tasty and certain to please a crowd, even one filled with kids. The avocados give it a bright, fresh flavor, but make sure they aren’t too ripe, the salsa is best when they hold their shape. The feta brings in just the right amount of salty goodness and the tomato balances out the two. Yum.
Scoop it all up in a chip and it makes you happy.
Just like an old friend.
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley or 2 cubes Dorot frozen herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Mix the tomato, avocado and red onion in a medium bowl. Add the herbs, olive oil and vinegar. Stir together gently so the avocado keeps it shape. Stir in the feta cheese. Serve with chips or crackers.